A couple of years ago, I wrote about the Python retrying library. This library was designed to retry the execution of a task when a failure occurred.
I’ve started to spread usage of this library in various projects, such as Gnocchi, these last few years. Unfortunately, it started to get very hard to contribute and send patches to the upstream retrying project. I spent several months trying to work with the original author. But after a while, I had to come to the conclusion that I would be unable to fix bugs and enhance it at the pace I would like to. Therefore, I had to make a difficult decision and decided to fork the library.